Friday, May 16, 2008

Well Here We Are


Who would have thought that I ever would have returned to the south? Not me. But here we are and here we will stay.

We moved to Perry, Oklahoma in May 2007, "the leap of faith", as we call it. After lots of prayer and fasting we decided that we were going to move out here. No jobs lined up, no home to live in, nothing. I came out early in March to find a job and a place to live. Loren stayed in Utah until the lease was up on the apartment.

I was staying with my parents, who now live in Ralston, and I commuted everyday for a month to try and find a job. I found a job working as one of the Assistant Managers for the local Braum's. I was working the evening shift and it was pretty decent money. I then found us a place to rent and I cleaned and painted the place on my days off.

Loren and the kids left Utah in May. It was a very happy reunion. I never want to be separated from them for that long ever again.

Loren was able to find a job working for Ditch Witch working in their warehouse. This is no where near the field he was trained in but it is a great company, with great benefits and pay.

I began to realize that working evenings wasn't conducive to a happy home life, so I found a job that I thought would be easier for the family. I started working at Perry Carnegie Library.

It was a great job. I worked there for 7 months and had a good time working with books and the children in the children's area of the library. Linda Branson was my boss in the children's department and she was a joy to work with. Unfortunately, we are trying to get into a home of our own and part-time employment just wasn't going to get us there. So . . .

I am now the administrative assistant for the CEO of Perry Memorial Hospital. I am working full-time, 8 to5, Monday through Friday. I LOVE my job!!! I Love the people I work with!!!

So Here We Are, and Here We Stay.

No comments: