Friday, August 1, 2008

How Time Flies

Wow. Has it really been 2 months? Well, you know what they say . . .

Summer has flown by. School starts in 2 1/2 weeks and I would know this without looking at a calendar. You want to know how? My kids are driving me nuts!!! They are restless and bored. And my oldest hasn't gotten her AP Lit homework done.

I enroll the kids back in school in a week. I will have a Junior, a 5th grader in middle school, and a third grader. How is that possible. I can still remember my Junior year in High School and now my oldest is there. Why do they have to grow up so fast.

Piper started her 2nd year of Little League Cheerleading last night. She was excited and nervous at the same time. It was a great time for her. She was able to see all of her friends from last year and this year they are going to start doing stunts. Since she is one of the tallest in the group she will be one of the "Holders" not one of the "Airs".

We signed Sawyer up for Little League Football and he starts practice next week. He looked so cute in his equipment when we got him home and tried it on. XS pants, XXS shoulder pads, and an XS helmet. When we signed him up he looked up at me and asked, "Mom, did you know they are going to hit me?" He didn't realize that you get hit in real football. We will see how it goes.

Ashley is in the process of reading a book called "Poisonwood Bible". She is reading it for her AP Lit class. She is usually a fast reader but this time it is like pulling teeth. I don't think she is grasping the concept that school starts in 19 days. I fear the next 19 days are not going to be fun ones for her.

Loren starts working 4 10 hour days next week. Ditch Witch is trying to help their employees conserve gas but the problem is they have now given all the weekend fishermen and hunters another day to do just that. No saving gas there but at least they tried.

And for me, time is going way to fast. I have been called to teach Early Morning Seminary this next year. Yeah, me. Now I feel really bad for the way our Seminary class treated Bro. Pierce all those years ago. What he did wasn't easy. I am looking forward to it though. I have 1 active student and 1 inactive student. Yes, I only have 2 students. Perry is that small. My one active kid can't be late because she lives in the house with me. That's right, I will be teaching Ashley. I am really looking forward to this. I know, I am crazy. So what, I am on the Lords errand.

Well, it is about time to leave for the day - Friday at work is realllllllllllllly Sllllllllllllllllllllow.

No comments: